Register for Meditation Experience Retreat | April 2023
Table of contents [Hide]
“Meditation is the core of Buddhism. It was from meditation that the Buddha attained the ultimate enlightenment, transcendental wisdom, and becoming omniscient. The ethereal wisdom can only be attained through meditation paths. When there is wisdom, there will be no suffering” — Thay Thich Truc Thai Minh
- Registration form:
- Date: April 1-2, 2023
- Venue: Ba Vang Pagoda, Quang Trung ward, Uong Bi city, Quang Ninh province (Northern Vietnam)
- Who to come: English-speaking foreigners currently living inside and outside of Vietnam. The Pagoda is open to anyone willing to attend regardless of their backgrounds, cultures, financial status, gender, or nationality.
- Required paper:
+ Temporary residence card/permanent resident card (for those required by the law)
- Registration deadline: 11:59 pm, March 30, 2023
A Buddhist meditation retreat for English-speaking foreigners is taking place at Ba Vang Pagoda, one of the biggest Buddhist centers in Vietnam, famous for its free reputable retreats, joined by tens of thousands of people.
Led by Bhikkhu Thich Truc Thai Minh and the monks of Ba Vang Pagoda, who are diligently practicing ascetic life in the forest to avoid temptations and desires, retreatants will get a right approach to mindfulness meditation and from that, becoming clear-sighted about their body, mind, and actions.
And now, we are delighted to share that special experience with you!
What will you get from the Meditation Experience Retreat?
1. Learning the techniques of meditation taught by Thay (lit. “Teacher” or “Master”) Thich Truc Thai Minh — a master in meditation and taming the mind, and Buddhist monks who cultivate themselves deep in the forest.
2. Learning to control your mind in order to achieve inner tranquility, gain a more positive outlook on life and live more happily.
3. An exquisite experience for the participants: Emerging yourself into a fresh natural ambience and beautiful sceneries around the Pagoda.
4. Thay (the abbot) wants the Pagoda to be a home for everyone so everything you receive on campus is totally free.
- Admission: Free
- Parking: Free
- Drinks and meals: Provided on-campus for free
- Accommodation: Inside the Pagoda: Provided
+ Airline tickets and transport fares to/from Ba Vang Pagoda.
+ External hotel accommodation fee on Saturday night (1st April). Unfortunately, under the law of Vietnam, the Pagoda is currently unable to arrange the accommodation for foreigners to stay overnight. Therefore, you must rent a place downtown on Saturday night (1st April). If you need help, we will recommend some suitable hotels to help you save costs.
+ Other external services fee outside of the Pagoda.
Activities in a sample retreat
- Meditation guide and practice
- Q&A on meditation and life problems (all aspects are allowed)
- Outside work experience (expected: gardening)
- Visiting Buddhist architectural works at Ba Vang Pagoda
- Experiencing daily routines at the mountainous Pagoda
- Mobile phone usage is restricted for the effectiveness of the program.
- Males and females' resting places are separate.
- Wear only modest, polite and comfortable clothes that fully cover your shoulders, chest, back, belly, arms (to the elbows) and legs (past the knees). Ladies should not wear skirts or dresses.
- A notebook and pens to take note of Thay's teachings are required
This information shall be updated and informed to you via email.
With the aim of spreading Thay's helpful teachings to everyone, we would like to photograph and record your moments during the retreat. Your cooperation will be an important element in spreading positive messages of the retreat to everyone.
Join us now, and you will go back home with many meaningful lessons and fond memories.
Please be assured that all the information you supply in the application form will be absolutely confidential!
Feel free to send us your questions by commenting on this article or reach out to us via:
Phone: (+84) 38 267 6626 (phone call, Whatsapp, Viber, Zalo)
Email: [email protected]