Register for Meditation Experience Retreat | November 2022
Table of contents [Hide]
Have you ever been saddened and hurt by the predicaments in life? Are you on a journey to find spiritual fulfillment? No matter who we are, or what stage we are at in our life, there is always a lingering question in our minds: “How can we be happy?”
That is why we want to introduce you to a special event, which may help you find the way to attain sustainable, profound, and long-lasting happiness.
A monthly Buddhist meditation retreat for English-speaking foreigners is taking place at Ba Vang Pagoda. Its participants will come learn and practice meditation in a warm spiritual environment, explore beautiful sceneries unique to this place, and learn about the tranquil monastic life.
Ba Vang Pagoda Pagoda is located on Thanh Dang mountain in Uong Bi City, Quang Ninh Province, Northern Vietnam. It is one of the biggest Buddhist centers in Vietnam and famous for its free reputable retreats, joined by tens of thousands of people.
Here lies a valuable treasure: the lessons on how to achieve happiness from the Buddha. And now, it is our pleasure to share that treasure with you!
- Register now:
- Date: From November 5 afternoon to November 6, 2022
- Venue: Ba Vang Pagoda, Quang Trung ward, Uong Bi city, Quang Ninh province (Northern Vietnam)
- Who to come: English-speaking foreigners currently living inside and outside of Vietnam. The Pagoda is open to anyone willing to attend regardless of their backgrounds, cultures, financial status, gender, or nationality.
- Required paper: Passport and temporary residence card/permanent resident card (if any)
- Registration deadline: 11:59 pm, November 03, 2022
Activities in a sample retreat
- Meditation guide and practice
- Q&A on meditation and life problems (all aspects are allowed)
- Climbing Thanh Dang Mountain (the mountain behind Ba Vang Pagoda)
- Outside work experience (expected: gardening)
- Visiting Buddhist architectural works at Ba Vang Pagoda
- Experiencing daily routines at the mountainous Pagoda
What will you get from the Meditation Experience Retreat?
1. Learning the techniques of meditation taught by Thay (lit. “Teacher” or “Master”) Thich Truc Thai Minh — a master in meditation and taming the mind, and Buddhist monks who cultivate themselves deep in the forest.
2. Learning to control your mind in order to achieve inner tranquillity, gain a more positive outlook on life and live more happily.
3. Ba Vang Pagoda is filled with a fresh natural ambience and surrounded by beautiful sceneries. A trip to this mountainous pagoda will be an exquisite experience for the participants.
4. Thay (the abbot) wants the Pagoda to be a home for everyone so everything you receive on campus is totally free
- Admission: Free
- Parking: Free
- Drinks and meals: Provided on-campus for free
- Accommodation: Inside the Pagoda: Provided
- Airline tickets and transport fares to/from Ba Vang Pagoda.
- External hotel accommodation fee on Saturday night (5 November). Unfortunately, under the law of Vietnam, the Pagoda is currently unable to arrange the accommodation for foreigners to stay overnight. Therefore, you must rent a place downtown on Saturday night (5th November). If you need help, we will help you find the most suitable hotel in advance so you don't have to spend much money.
- Other external services fee outside of the Pagoda.
Basic regulations (shall be updated and informed to you via email)
- Mobile phone usage is restricted for the effectiveness of the program.
- Males and females resting places are separate.
- Wear only modest, polite, and comfortable clothes that fully cover your shoulders, chest, back, belly, arms (to the elbows), and legs (past the knees). Ladies should not wear skirts or dresses.
- The Media team of Ba Vang Pagoda will take and record your moments during the retreat.
Join us now, and you will go back home with many meaningful lessons and fond memories.
P/s: Please be assured that all the information you supply in the application form will be absolutely confidential!
Feel free to send us your questions by commenting on this article or reach out to us via:
Phone: (+84) 38 267 6626 (phone call, Whatsapp, Viber, Zalo)
Email: [email protected]